Age of Bismarck: The Unifications of Italy and Germany 1859-1871 is a four-player game based on the 19th Century Italian Risorgimento and the struggle for supremacy in Germany, both of which were predominately directed against the Austrian Empire.
Players control one of the four major powers involved. Specifically Piedmont – Sardinia/Italy, Prussia/Germany, Austria, and France. Control of the minor powers varies based upon the strategic situation and individual player strategy. The game also includes rules for shorter scenarios and for three-player and two-player version. Age of Bismarck begins in 1859 and ends at the conclusion of the 1870-71 turn.
A complete copy of Age of Bismarck includes:
- A complete set of Rules
- A Playbook with scenarios, Optional Rules and Designer’s Notes
- A set of Player’s Aid cards for the four major powers
- A 32″ by 22″ mapboard
- A deck of 88 Strategy cards
- A set of reproducible cards backs with suggested deck assembly instructions
- A complete set of counters, consisting of 7 pages of unit and informational counters
Follow our discussion at: